teapot1

teapot1

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


My Gratitude/Happiness List  ▪ Week of July 21, 2014

Joining with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude linkup at Alphabet Salad. 
Here are some things I’m grateful for and that make me happy this week.

First and foremost, getting the cast off my wrist. It doesn’t feel perfect yet; I still have to wear a brace at least till I start therapy on Thursday, but I feel so much freer.

Having a short story accepted by Relief Journal for their next issue.

That I was patient when the journal took seemingly forever to reply. I was on the verge of withdrawing the story and submitting it to a strictly online journal, but I really, really wanted to keep trying to get it into a print publication. When their acceptance finally came, they apologized, saying they had been looking for a new fiction editor and finally found one. My patience paid off!

The support of friends and family while I was recuperating from surgery.

Receiving a lovely gift of flowers from a friend (thank you, Amy Morgan!)
 
 

Having the opportunity to guest post on Laurel Regan’s Alphabet Salad while she’s away at the BlogHer conference.

To once again be able to take a shower without covering my hand in plastic bags and to actually wash with my right hand. To be able to eat normally again (“normally” for a right-handed person, that is).

Lots of reading time over the past week and this one. I’ve finished five books so far.

Although I am normally a heat lover, I’m grateful that the recent weather was a little cool for July so that I wasn’t sweaty and itchy under my cast.

My husband’s thoughtfulness and support in taking two days off from work to take me for my surgery and to bring me to the doctor for my follow-up, as I couldn’t drive with the cast on.

Getting a professional shampoo and cut while my wrist is healing.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. So happy for you that the cast is off. Beyond excited about the Relief Journal short story (which is FABULOUS). Glad the flowers brightened your day and it sounds like you've made wonderful use of your recuperating time! Another wonderful list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Amy, for the flowers and for your constant support! I appreciate it so much. Your friendship is always on my gratitude list!

      Delete
  2. Hey any of the books you would like to recommend. I"m so glad this worked out so well for you. Now take it easy and ENJOY. Love to see you again maybe when we get back from VA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to comment, Pam, and thanks! You are another friend always on my gratitude list. I am taking it easy, just doing therapy exercises twice a day. See you soon, I hope.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting the cast off and getting into the publication - great news all around!

    ReplyDelete