teapot1

teapot1

Monday, September 8, 2014




Microblog Monday, September 8, 2014: What Is Wrong with People?
 



Melissa Ford at Stirrup Queens has initiated Microblog Mondays. You can read her post for more information here.

I love the idea of writing a tiny post on Mondays. Whenever I sit down to write a blog post, I get so tangled up in more and more words that sometimes I don’t ever finish it. Microblog Mondays lets you post something as short and instantaneous as a Facebook status update, so it’s great for the wordy among us, like me! So here’s my first micropost.

 
What Is Wrong with People?

I find myself asking (sometimes screaming) this question more and more these days as I read or hear about some of the silly, brainless things people do. The latest case in point: a story in our paper yesterday about new “wedding fads.” One: bridesmaids pulling up the backs of their gowns and exposing their asses for the purpose of photos to be put on the Internet. Two: some brides having plastic surgery done on their ring fingers so their fingers will “look better” in the photos.

So I ask again: What is wrong with people? When did our society become so narcissistic?

 

5 comments:

  1. I will join you in shouting that. I often wonder if I'd reach this stage of life anyway, or if the Internet has exposed us to these stories we would have otherwise missed. Or wouldn't have been done at all since there would be no point, such as the flashing the guests one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the proliferation of media, especially social media. Everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame, no matter how they get it. And bad behavior gets more attention than good, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is WOW! People are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, huh? Makes you wonder what could possibly come next. Not that I'm eager to find out.

      Delete
  3. I saw something about the first one and had much the same reaction as you did! I hadn't heard of the second one, but WOW! Seriously, what IS wrong with people?!

    ReplyDelete